The Chronicles of Garnabus

Friday, July 13, 2007

Missed Milestones

So... ya... I never mentioned that:

I DID finish my thesis (The Ethics and Theology of Homosexuality in the Anglican Communion)...

I did graduate with my second Masters (Ethics and Social Theory)...

BroHead graduated with his BA from CSU Hayward (he had the courage in his late thirties to go back to college and graduated with honors this past June -- GO BROHEAD!)

Emjay rolled over without assistance for the first time this past Tuesday (Those who know won't miss the significance of the day... those who don't will be asking me in my comments ;o)

Fred, who at first merely deigned to allow Emjay to coexist in the same house with him, began sleeping on her blankets and anything else that smelled like her and just this past week he allowed her to touch him when I laid her down in her cosleeper for a nap (where he had been napping before her arrival). I actually had to physically remove him as he seemed perfectly content to have her head laying on his side as she slept (go Freddo!).

Fuego's 30th Birthday weekend was AWESOME! Camping got rained out, so it seemed like it might be a bust, but our friend ScienceBoy offered his house as an alternate party destination and I booked a room at the Hawthorne Suites in Walkway so we could stay near by and party with Some-of-the-time-girlfriend and Loopy before (and SOTTG and Weeds after) the party at Scienceboy's house. I had brewed a special keg of homebrew for the occasion (which was fun to bring through the hotel lobby), and Grasshopper ended up bringing a keg of home brewed root beer too (it was awesome). The party was an all day event with BBQ, Beverages, and pretty close to all of Fuego's closest friends. The homebrew was actually better than the store-bought bottled beer that we had to turn to when the keg gave out at about 11pm (had to throw that in there ;o) The party was everything Fuego hoped it would be, and it was even better that we got to continue the party back at the hotel with Some-of-the-time-girlfriend and Weeds afterward. We all met up for breakfast the following morning and Fuego and I and Weeds went over to the beach for a while before we all had to part ways and go home. (Whew!)

Six is a good start... I'll post more when I think of some that I've left out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home