The Chronicles of Garnabus

Sunday, August 13, 2006

So I have an inner-ear virus -- I know I've mentioned this, but I thought it warranted returning to since I still have it and it's still weird.

It's strange to have a virus that doesn't make you feel sick, but rather makes you feel a lot like you've had a couple of beers on an empty stomach... They claim that it's common in college towns and I'm curious to know if the virus itself is common, or if it's really just the symptoms that are common ;o)

Whether it was the virus or the anxiety about preaching from a soap box issue today, I had several very strange, restless, and disturbing dreams last night.

The one I remember involved some sort of precarious race, set in rocky terrain, that involved doing skateboard style spine transfers on this morphing bike/steed/board thing... hard to do it justice, but at the end of that one all perception seemed to rather blur into this photomosaic experience of reality that was both disturbing and somewhat stressful. Then I woke up. It was three thirty am and I was fairly sure that someone was looking at me through the window out in the dark back yard (this wasn't the case, of course, but it was just that sort of dream). Since the dream had been interminably long, I also found myself frustrated that the night couldn't just be over already so I could get up and stop trying to sleep.

Between the restless night and the vertigo-like symptoms of my ongoing virus, it was a bit odd to try to preach this morning -- it felt rather like an ill fated pingpong match intermingled with attempts to refocus on my manuscript that failed rather often. This is why we practice our sermons ahead of time ;o) Fuego thought I was just nervous about the challenging subject matter, so at least it wasn't too distracting for anyone but me.

More adventures anon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home