The Chronicles of Garnabus

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Yup... Grandpa died.

I got the call last night at 12:45am and chatted with my dad for about half an hour. He wants to fly me up to Butte on Grandpa's frequent flyer miles to do the memorial -- I'm honored.

Sounds like I'll be going up on Thursday evening and coming back on Friday or Saturday. I really need to have some sort of weekend, so I'm hoping I can get back Friday, but these aren't the kind of things you can really just plan around your schedule -- kind of a deific haha on all our best laid plans.

Fuego and Ginger I were going to go camping with Some-of-the-time-girlfriend from Thursday to Saturday... now we're not.

Fuego would like to be able to go too (I did propose to her in Grandpa's kitchen on Christmas night 2002, and she and he got on wonderfully), but the family can only afford to fly Bro-head and I out, so neither Cocktail Monkey nor Fuego will be able to go.

Speaking of Some-of-the-time-girlfriend, his cat Teo will be bording with us for a couple of weeks while he's camping...it's like an extended kitty slumber party for Fred (unfortunately, that means Ginger is the "little" sister who gets mocked and teased and tormented by Fred's friend until he goes home again -- yet we know she loves it ;o)

I'll post today's sermon below... I'll have to post the one from Tuesday the 18th tomorrow (I wrote that one at work, so I don't have it here at home). If I get comments to the effect that they're desired, I'll post some archives of previous sermons as well (I think I have about six to ten of them saved from St. Oldchurch's and seminary).

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Sorry 'bout your grandpa. *Hugs*

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Garnabus said...

:'o] thanks Jane *sniff*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home