The Chronicles of Garnabus

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Forgive me, blogspot, for I have... oh wait, blogspot doesn't care =o)

A quick catch-up...

- Last Tues I preached my first mid-week sermon (I'll get to do that once or twice per month).

- Thursday I worked a "half" day so Fuego and I could meet with a realtor to see about buying a house in December! Sounds like we'll need some help to get a 20% down payment together so we can afford to make the house payments on my salary... not a bad deal, but now we have to figure out where to get it from! Technically we'll be able to pay it back after the first year or two when the property value appreciates (then we can refinance and pay back the loan out of our appreciated equity). So we're checking in with St. ECWIW's, the diocese, the national church, and our families to see what help is out there.

- Friday Fuego and I drove out to Oakland to hang out with Sadu Crobinhobin -- YAY!! We went to Drakes for yummy yummy beer, went back to Sadu's house for yummy yummy wine, and watched TV... while that may not seem very glamorous to most of you, it helps if you know that Fuego and I don't have cable in D-town, so all we watch is stuff you can get on DVD. While it's pretty cool to not be faced with the option of TV at our whim, it's also pretty cool to get to go somewhere that has it =o) Jane's flight was delayed, so she didn't make it home until 5am... we got to say hi in the morning, but otherwise I didn't get to hang out with her (lucky Fuego got to... stupid lucky fuego *grumble* ;o)

- Saturday was Marc Andrus' investiture as Bishop of the Diocese of California! I got to vest and process with the rest of the clergy, and got a great seat for the ceremony -- it was pretty sweet. After investiture I drove up to Bodega Bay for a retreat with some awesome teens from St. ECWIW's. Had a great time, but missed Fuego =o(

- Sunday Fuego and I drove back home to the 112 degree heat (nice, eh... pant pant - thank God for AC!)

I'll be preaching again on Sunday, hoping for a visit from Mom and Bro-head... we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home