The Chronicles of Garnabus

Monday, September 18, 2006

Quick post tonight... have to read 187 pages before I go to bed (...why did I decide it would be fun to take 3 classes and work full time simultaneously?)

Anyway, I don't write poetry very often, but every once in a while it gives some insight into my subconscious (I never know what I'm going to write until it comes out on the paper or keyboard)... I wrote this when I was trying to find a poem on the internet with messianic undertones that wasn't a trite sickly sweet "Jesus is my favorite savior" poem... as you might guess, I couldn't find any. What I ended up writing wasn't something I could use for my teens, but it was an interesting commentary on my state of mind at the time...

Love's indwelling

Anger, fear, resentment, pride
Without a second thought we cultivate
Within our souls and minds the anti-peace.

We're love, sweetness, sugar, nice
With bile in our hearts as we twist the
Dagger in turned backs of supposed friends.

How we cultivate the wickednesses taught
While dismissing kindness as so much
Cliche sentiment, wasted on the heart.

Lost behind the stare of inner eyes
That seeking for some greater good
Became a hook of malice to innocence.

Shunning light until breaking us, it
Shatters though the thousand masks
We've strewn between soul and self

We find ourselves empty to respond
To the darkness drawn from deep within
Our hidden hearts of light.

Then waking from the deadly dream of
Life passed on by collective social sin
Of unacceptance, bitterness, and spite

We look our own immortality in reflected
Eyes of love's lost indwelling
And know peace for the first time.

Gazing beyond masses of still-lost corpses
Strewing love's true path with madness
We find the one whose only gift of death

Brings life renewed to quenched fires,
Rekindling the joy in bringing peace
to another soul Entrenched in darknesses embrace.

The newly kindled light of love, held
High for bringing points of hope
And reconnecting this life to Love's own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home