The Chronicles of Garnabus

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Celebrating my first blessing of a marriage was one of the most profound and ... well ... frightening experiences of my life!

I was so nearvous that I stuttered over Muddy's last name (I've only known him for the past fourteen years). I did my best to make light of it and the rest of the ceremony went great.

It was a truly amazing experience.

Between Muddy, Grasshopper, and I, we brewed 25 gallons of homebrew for the occassion (okay, so my part was only 5 gallons, but I did bring a keg =o).

The party was awesome, and we sent the newly married couple off in style, thanks to Mamaduck's hiring of a bagpiper to play them out the door to their convertible roadster to make their final escape from the festivities.

As a gift for doing the service, they gave me a beautiful liturgical stole, which I wore for the ceremony.

This has been an insane couple of weeks... I wish I could crash for a few days, but at least Christmas is coming (we get the whole week between Christmas and New Year off!). It's hard to believe it's already Advent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home