The Chronicles of Garnabus

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Wow... this has been a weekend to remember!

Saturday was my Ordination to the priesthood -- I don't think that will really sink in for a while yet, but it was an entierly overwhelming experience (in a profoundly good way ;o)

It's hard to explain, but the most amazing moment for me was the moment just after the bishop and pretty much EVERY priest in the diocese finished laying hands on me and saying the prayer of consecration over me. It was a feeling of lightness, joy, and profound connection to the centuries of Anglican tradition before me. It was quite simply awesome.

After the ordination a group of about twenty or thirty people gathered with me to celebrate at Gordon Biersch in downtown San Francisco. My mom drove Fuego and I down from D-town, so I actually got to have a couple of beers in celebration -- thanks ma'! =o)

Sunday was my first Sunday as a priest at St. ECWIW's, and I got to preside at all three Eucharists! About the only way I can explain it is that it just fealt right... and it was amazing.

I got to celebrate again at today's Eucharist, as well as preaching (I'll post my sermon today too).

As an introvert, you might guess that I'm exhausted after all the excitement and fun... you would be correct. I'm hoping to have a pretty low key week. Especially since next Sunday is Muddy and Designgirl's wedding (yikes -- my first wedding)!!

What a weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home