The Chronicles of Garnabus

Monday, December 25, 2006

Okay... since you got all the good spiritual stuff and got to hear about Fuego's and my excitement about ERD gifts in my sermon for the day, here's the lowdown on the mass-marketed side!

Christmas was a blast!

I got Fuego the complete series of Sex and the City, sewing lessons, the first season of the Brady Bunch (what can I say, she wanted it ;o), and a Peets Coffee card. She got me new Chacos (orange and fabulous!!), Spiderman 2, Kingdom Hearts II, Groundhog Day, and Accepted, a thermal fleece from REI, and Pirates of the Caribbean II.

I also got the complete series of Firefly from Captain Technology; Fearless and Click from Bro-head, Coctail Monkey, and Miraclechild; Indiana Jones trilogy, Xmen III, Zelda for GameCube, a new pair of jeans, and an espresso serving set from Guinneviere, a new hand-made wooden puzzle from Woodelf, a corded drill from Dad, an awesome bottle of singlemalt (Bowmore 12 yaer) and a framed photo from the wedding from Muddy and Designgirl, and a similarly awesome bottle of GreyGoose from Grasshopper, Redhot, and the kids. DJ Purgatory brought us a 3 pound box of Sees candies, Mel-the-Great gave us an awesome bottle of wine, Sadu Crobinhobin and J-bewan gave me an awesome green fleece vest, Some-of-the-time-girlfriend hooked me up with an awesome and decorative double-pointed dagger, and Fuego's grandparents sent us a check for $100! We also got a hive of bees and some mosquito-bed netting donated in our names through ERD (sweet!).

I realize that it's always dangerous to start listing gifts since you're bound to leave something awesome out that you were entirely stoked and touched to receive... but I thought I'd give it a try nonetheless.

Since I ask that people don't cut down trees in order to give me thank you cards, I thought I'd at least recognize and give my profound thanks to all my wonderful friends and family who made it out to D-town (or who were just here in spirit). You made this, our first Christmas in a new town, awesome.

Many blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home