The Chronicles of Garnabus

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Top Ten Worst Songs to have Stuck in your Head (ok, MY head)

10. The Monchichi commercial jingle from the 80's
9. I'm Henry the VIIIth I am
8. The Mozarabic Chant to Eucharistic Prayer D (yes, it happens EVERY Lent)
7. My Little Pony commercial jingle from the 80s - (was I watching Girl cartoons or something?)
6. D'd'd'd'd'Dora (the Explora')
5. Blues Clues
4. What's New Pussycat (or anything else by Tom Jones for that matter ;o)
3. 8-bit Zelda theme song
2. Hey Mickey

...

And the number one worst song to have stuck in your (my) head...

going on THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS now (and thanks, Fuego, for reminding me tonight so it could have another encore)...

1. Windy (by The Association)

So ya, some of the others are worse in the grand scheme of things, but by **literally** the seven thousandth time in three days, I can think of no worse fate than to have this song stuck in my 'craw' for all eternity. (At this point I'm considering inventing a time machine just so I can go back in time and slap The Association for recording it.)

2 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Duane said...

The funny thing is that I know a camp grace to the tune of Windy...

Thanks be to God the father almighty
Thanks be to God who gives us the earth
Thanks be to God the spirit eternal
Thanks be to God for-ever.

Now you can REALLY enjoy the song. :^)

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Garnabus said...

We give thanks to God - on - high...
For gifts of the land - and - sky.
We give thanks for friends - we - meet,
and the food we eat.

(now start over ... and never... ever... stop repeating - thanks Captain >:o(

;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home