The Chronicles of Garnabus

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Potter Mania

The latest installments of Harry Potter are afoot! Having just seen the film this past Friday (probably the last person in all of D-town who was seeing it for the first time), and just picked up the new book on Saturday afternoon, I feel as though I am well under way toward meeting my, until now, pitifully underachieved fantasy quota for the summer.

As with the previous four films, I was impressed with the film, not for its strict adherence to details, nor for its completness (both of which could only stand to disappoint), but for its ability to capture and forward the plot while dazzling moviegoers with special effects that bring imagination to life. Nothing in the films is ever quite as I have pictured it, but it's similar enough to be a whole lot of fun!

A bonus of going to see Order of the Phoenix was a piquing of my interest in this, my least favorite, installment in the saga. A few casual details caught my attention enough that I will be excited to reread book five on my next read-through of the whole series (after I finish book seven), to see if they might be as intreguing as they seemed in the film -- of course, by then, I'll know how the series ends, so I'll also know if my hunches are true or not already ;o).

I won't make any comments on what I think may or may not happen in book seven, I'd rather just enjoy it as I make my way through without expectation.

Of course, I may have to preface a not-to-distant future post with "PLOT-SPOILER!" to spark a bit of discussion between those who've also finished the last book!

Enough! I have 708 pages left to read and they're not going to read themselves (it's fun to be so excited about a book =o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home